I received the L’oreal EverCreme Sulfate/Free Moisture Care System free from Influenster to try and review. The three products given to me were:
- Renourishing Butter
- Deep Nourish Shampoo
- Deep Nourish Conditioner
If you are a stranger to Influenster, the company sends out different campaign boxes, called VoxBoxes, to a group of members throughout the year. I usually receive 2-3 VoxBoxes a year. It’s free to join. There are absolutely no purchases necessary. Simply sign up, start reviewing products you have already used, and you will receive a survey to complete if the company feels you may be a good fit for the next campaign. There are different categories where you can express reviews such as beauty, fashion, health, food, etc.
Now, I don’t believe I have ever purchased and/or tried a L’oreal hair product. I am an African American woman with dry, natural hair, and a 4c curl pattern (very tight curls). I usually lean towards purchases that are more geared towards these things.
I figured there was no harm in trying these products that claimed to contain apricot oil, be vegan, dye-free, paraben-free, sulfate-free, and have no gluten ingredients. What the heck is gluten anyway?
First, let me mention the claimed benefits:
- Gently cleanses dry, brittle hair
- Deep moisture for silky soft texture and health shine w/o weigh down
- Gentle on color
- No harsh ingredients that can strip dull or damaged hair
- Creamy formula with a fresh aromatic fragrance (not really a benefit but I had to let you know)
- Mask– This can be used weekly, as a pre-shampoo or right after shampooing. I decided to use it as a pre-shampoo treatment. It is supposed to revive lifeless locks and restore hair’s natural radiance, leaving hair deeply nourished and smoother. (L’oreal’s words, not mine)
I applied the butter, focusing on the lengths and ends of my hair as suggested. I left it on my hair for about 5 minutes, rinsed, and was not disappointed. My hair did feel smoother. I noticed detangling was easier afterward as well. As an added bonus, I did enjoy the creamy feel of the product. I also have to admit the smell was pretty delightful.
2. Shampoo– Next I applied this shampoo once. It created a thick lather. It smelled great as well. In my opinion, it got the job done. My hair felt and appeared clean without the sense of being squeaky clean & over washed. I’m sure you have experienced that feeling at least once.
3. Conditioner– After shampooing, I massaged this into my hair and left it on for a couple minutes. I was pleased with the outcome. As the conditioner was in my hair I did an in-depth detangle. The process was much less frustrating than it has been in the past.
My Overall Outcome:
This system gets an A from me. After completing each step I sat down to style and there was a 90% decrease in shedding. Usually, my hair continues to shed drastically while styling. You can imagine how infuriating this makes a person. My hair seemed stronger, healthier, shinier, and softer after one cycle. Also, no weigh down. I recommend these 3 products to anyone that has trouble with dry, dull, brittle hair like mine. I believe that with continued use it will dramatically affect the overall health of my hair. I thank L’oreal for creating this and it is worth it!
I love you guys and thanks for reading! Don’t forget to connect with me on social media.
Also, check out Influenster